Monday, July 2, 2012

#98 - Trying to keep in practice


I think there's crack in one of my olive oils.  Or the balsamic vinegar, not sure.  All I know is that I have to limit myself to 1 lettuce a day, drizzled with olive oil, balsamic and a sprinkle of sea salt or else I'd eat more of it.  Maybe it's the sea salt...


Random Sunday morning cooking frenzy - my scale wasn't working and I couldn't find the back up so although I was dying to bake, that didn't happen.  I cooked instead because you don't need a scale for some of the things.  No sea bass at the fishmonger so grilled snapper rice paper rolls.


Verdict:  Ok for a first try - I took some down to the Asian grocery store downstairs (they provided the rice paper and fish sauce for the dipping sauce).  Wrapping needs a little bit of work but this might be fun for an interactive dinner.


Not so easy to find the motivation to cook /practice if you don't have people to cook for and if you haven't quite finished rearranging your kitchen...I've rearranged mine a couple of times, to the point where I've forgotten where I put various pieces of equipment.



Dinner with some friends on Saturday night so I made some tartlettes with mushroom duxelles and then  a little puff pastry (store bought) served with goat's cheese, tomatoes and beetroot.  I forgot to charge my camera so I didn't get a photo of the yummy dinner that AC made - normally I hate the taste of pork but this was so delicious I actually had seconds.  And of course a good cheesy sauce is good on pretty much anything - cauliflower with dinner - felt totally spoiled.


Hopefully next time I will remember to charge the camera for photos.  In the meantime, happy Canada Day, 4th of July and Bastille Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment