Sunday, May 19, 2013

#110 - Sunday night dinner (dinner experimentation gone awry)

You know the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?  Yup, broke the rule and this is what happened.

Texas sirloin chili
I've made before successfully.  This time I changed the cooking time and heat setting on the slow cooker with mixed results.  Tasted pretty good, although a bit heavy on either the cumin or the oregano (cumin, I suspect - I kind of spilled the spices) and needed a bit more chili for my personal preference.  But the cardinal sin...the meat was dry.  Not what you want, especially when you made some for a friend who also happens to be a food critic.  Nooooo!!!

However, the salad was delicious and it was a nice, refreshing accompaniment to the chili.  I think it would have been good if I had had some hot sauce to go with the accompaniments.  Edible but not my best work, a bit disappointing.  Oh well, next time the recipe will require a few tweaks until we get a good product.


The big excitement of the evening is that I got my invitation to a wedding of the friends with whom I had dinner.  In Tahiti.  In July.  There are worse things than having friends who are from all over the world - it's a hard life but someone has to do it.


So until next time, good luck on your endeavors (leave well enough alone) and may you have as good a week as I had tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment