Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#60 - No, I am not giving the world the finger

Went to the doctor for my hand because it didn't feel right.  Got sent to the Burn Unit at Queen Mary's Hospital (an hour away)...can't cook for 2 weeks, possibly longer.  Blister is now gone but there were a few tears during cleaning.  Hoping surgery not needed to fix burns.

Went back to school.  Unsure re rate of recovery but they will let me prepare as though I will be able to take final exams, albeit with a couple of concessions for handicap (a couple of extra days for Pat portfolio, someone to help me write for the 2 written exams, both on Monday coming.

Have been fed due to kindness of classmates.  Plating might not be fancy but it was delicious.  Chef FJ had me tasting presented dishes, so hopefully palate is workin a bit better.  Amazing how things can taste so different using same ingredients and recipe (although seasoning plays an important role there).

Until next time, may your life be as filled with the kindness of everyone as mine has been today.

No comments:

Post a Comment